- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs. sweet potatoes, scrubbed, peeled, cut into 3/4 inch coins
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup pecan halves, toasted and cooled, chopped
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries, minced
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smooth Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat a large baking sheet generously with olive oil. Lay sweet potatoes in one layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast, without disturbing for 15-20 minutes. Carefully flip each piece; the undersides should be blistery, dark, and a bit puffy and should release from the pan with no effort. If they don't, let them cook longer. Once turned, sprinkle with additional salt and pepper and return the pan to the oven for another 10 minutes or so, until the undersides match.
- Meanwhile prepare your salad. In a large bowl, combine pecans, shallots, celery, parsley, cranberries and goat cheese.
- In a small dish, whisk together olive oil, vinegar and mustard. Pour half over the salad and toss.
- When potatoes are done, arrange on a serving platter, scoop a spoonful of salad over each round. Drizzle remaining dressing over the top to taste. Serve immediately.