- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- Place spinach, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper in a food processor; process until finely chopped.
- With processor on, slowly add olive oil through food chute.
- Add warm water; process until blended.
- Dollop this pesto over vegetable soups, spread on crusty whole-wheat bread, or spoon over fish or chicken.
- If using as a pasta sauce, use the starchy pasta cooking liquid to thin the pesto in the food processor so that it coats the noodles.
Source: Cooking Light