- 2 ripe large hass avocados, cut into large chunks
- 1 small ripe tomato or ½ larger heirloom tomato, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 jalapeno (or to taste), finally chopped
- Kosher salt to taste
- Combine tomato, garlic, cilantro. Add avocado and mash very slightly to maintain chunks. Add about ½ jalapeno, lemon juice, and salt. Taste for spiciness and add more jalapeno if you want more heat. Add avocado pits—they, along with lemon juice, will prevent browning. Enjoy with traditional tortilla chips.
- Wine Pairing: Coastal San Luis Obispo County is one of the few places that produces both world-class chardonnay and avocados. As a friend once said, “what grows together, goes together.” Try this guacamole with a lightly oaked chardonnay like the Talley Vineyards Estate Chardonnay.
Source: Brian Talley